Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is requesting proposals to create conceptual drawings and site plans for OAHS to use for community consultation purposes and to revise drawings based on community and stakeholder feedback to finalize the preparation of detailed designs, specifications (including permitting and licensing, site plan approval), tendering and contract administration including acting as Quantity Surveyor through the construction process and to act as Tender Agent on behalf of OAHSSC for the Thunder Bay Youth Transitional Housing Development.
In July of 2019, Ontario Aboriginal Housing Support Services Corporation (OAHSSC) took possession of vacant, green field property located at 105 Junot Avenue in Thunder Bay Ontario. The intent of this development is to build 58 supportive housing units with on-site supportive service offices, staffing, and program space requirements.
The Project generally includes:
• 58 -unit housing development that will also contain a commercial kitchen with congregate
dining that will convert into program space during the day.
• The development will contain offices, meeting rooms, counselling rooms.
• Separate staged housing area for 32 high needs individuals that will either be designed as Pod
Style living or individual bachelor units with kitchenettes
• A 20-unit housing section with self-contained one-bedroom units for transitioning tenants
• Civil/roadworks/parking for residence and support service staffing
• Site services (electrical power, water, stormwater, natural gas)
• Single power and heat source
• Indigenous design elements to be incorporated into the internal design and façade of the building
• Site plan design, submission, and approval
Specifications are included as links to attachments below.
Responses to this RFP are to be submitted by Friday, March 4, 2022, at 12:00 PM Noon EST in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
An electronic bid submission must still be signed, and the entire proposal must be received in one email. During the proposal period, Consultants are to direct all inquiries (in email only) to Cathy Connor, Director of Housing Development.
The following are documents needed for this Request for Tender:
- Request for Proposal Outline and Instructions
- Request for Proposal Specifications
- Phase One Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
- Geo Technical Report
- Addendum #1
- Addendum #2*
*Addendum #2 published on February 28, 2022 regarding clarifying questions to Addendum #1