REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL is now OPEN
Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF Phase 5) Operating Component
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is to provide Service Providers with an opportunity to be selected as a recipient of the Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) Phase 5 by:
• Defining how they can assist a diverse range of vulnerable people meet their short-term critical needs. This includes people living in community housing, supportive housing, people with low incomes, or others who require social services supports as well as those that are experiencing homelessness.
SSRF Phase 5 Operating component has a total funding contribution up to $2,353,414.00.
Eligible uses of funding under this component include but are not limited to:
• Continued use of motels or hotels as isolation centres or to support social distancing;
• Rental assistance such as funding for rent arrears and short-term housing allowances;
• Transportation costs;
• Food and supplies;
• Enhanced cleaning services;
• Non-medical staffing requirements (e.g., enhanced outreach services);
• Personal protective equipment; and
• Minor retrofits, alterations and repairs under $50,000.
• Rent bank and emergency energy funds;
• Food banks and grocery gift cards;
• Community outreach to support vulnerable populations in self-isolation;
• Transportation for low-income individuals to get to and from medical appointments; and
• Funding administration needs, including staffing
SSRF Phase 5 funding is subject to:
• Service Providers fulfilling Partnership Agreement requirements; and
• Program prioritization by OAHS
Service Providers are asked to read the RFP carefully and are invited to submit an application in accordance with the application instructions.
Service Providers must:
• be an Indigenous non-profit organization
• be incorporated (or in the process of incorporating) under the laws of the Province of Ontario or under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act
• have its registered and chief executive/head offices within the Province of Ontario outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
• have the mandate to serve Indigenous peoples expressly stated in the objects or statements of purpose of the organization’s constating documents
• demonstrate history of organizational sustainability
Any funding received by a Service Provider from OAHS pursuant to this RFP must be used solely for off-reserve locations that accord with the SSRF Phase 5 Program Guidelines.
Interested Service Providers are invited to complete the SSRF 5 Proposal Template and submit to OAHS. Service Providers are strongly encouraged to review the Program Guidelines (prior to completing their proposal to ensure that it follows all Program Guidelines). OAHS must receive completed proposals no later than 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, to be considered for funding under SSRF Phase 5.
Please submit all applications to ISHP@OAHSSC.ca by the deadline including all attachments with the subject line: Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) Phase 5 Proposal.