REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL is now OPEN
Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF Phase 5) Capital Component
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is to provide Service Providers with an opportunity to be selected as a recipient of the Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) Phase 5 by:
• Defining their capacity to develop and/or acquire new rental units or complete retrofits and upgrades to existing units as outlined in the SSRF Phase 5 Program Guidelines.
SSRF Phase 5 Capital component has a total funding contribution up to $2,353,414.00. There are two components of capital funding under:
• New Facilities; and
• Retrofits and Upgrades
Eligible uses of funding under the two components include:
• Major retrofits and upgrades to an existing emergency shelter, and/or congregate living space to continue to ensure shelter spaces adhere to public health directives (e.g., additions to an existing facility to allow minimum spacing of beds; self-contained bedrooms and washrooms) and support independent units aligned with more permanent forms of housing where possible.
• Acquisitions that would be converted/upgraded to provide longer-term housing solutions.
• Retrofit of existing transitional or supportive housing facility, and/or creating new innovative models of transitional and supportive housing.
Other eligible costs may include labour, applicable taxes, building permits, legal fees, certificates, signage, appraisal fees, inspection fees, drawing and specification and any other costs that OAHS, as the Indigenous Program Administrator (IPA), deems reasonable and that are agreed to by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH).
SSRF Phase 5 funding is subject to:
• Service Providers fulfilling Partnership Agreement requirements; and
• Program prioritization by IPA
Service Providers are asked to read the RFP carefully and are invited to submit an application in accordance with the application instructions.
Service Providers must:
• be an Indigenous non-profit organization
• be incorporated (or in the process of incorporating) under the laws of the Province of Ontario or under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act
• have its registered and chief executive/head offices within the Province of Ontario outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
• have the mandate to serve Indigenous peoples expressly stated in the objects or statements of purpose of the organization’s constating documents
• provide, or seek to provide through SSRF 5 funding, safe, affordable and culturally appropriate housing to self-identifying Indigenous persons who do/will not reside on reserve
• demonstrate history of organizational sustainability
• permit OAHS to register required security in no less than second place on title of properties subject to SSRF 5 funding
Interested Service Providers are invited to complete the SSRF 5 Proposal Template and submit to OAHS.
Service Providers are strongly encouraged to review the Program Guidelines (prior to completing their proposal to ensure that it follows all Program Guidelines). OAHS must receive completed proposals no later than 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, to be considered for funding under SSRF Phase 5.
Please submit all applications to ISHP@OAHSSC.ca by the deadline including all attachments with the subject line: Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) Phase 5 Proposal.