Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is requesting proposals for Phase I of the National Housing Strategy’s Ontario Priorities Housing Initiative (OPHI) for Indigenous Program Administrators.
Ontario’s Community Housing Renewal Strategy is a multi-year plan to stabilize and grow Ontario’s community housing sector, with the aim of achieving outcomes including an increased supply of affordable and adequate housing and improving access to affordable housing and supports. Particularly, Phase I addresses local housing priorities, including affordability, repair, and construction.
This RPF includes the following projects eligible for funding (must be non-profit/municipal/co-operative developments or partnerships, and be one of the following):
- New construction, including additions and extensions;
- Acquisition and, where required, rehabilitation of existing residential buildings to maintain or increase the affordable rental housing stock; or,
- Conversion of non-residential buildings or units to purpose-built rental buildings/units
Specifications and requirements for this RFP are included as links to attachments below.
Responses to this RFP are to be submitted by Monday, April 4, 2022, at 2:00 PM Noon EST in PDF format to OPHI@oahssc.ca
The following are documents needed for this Request for Proposal:
- OPHI Request for Proposal 2022-2023
- Schedule 1: OPHI Guidelines for Service Providers
- Schedule 2: Glossary of Terms
- Schedule 3: RFP Proposal Template
- Schedule 4: Capital Funding Budget Template
- Schedule 5: OPHI Operating Cashflow Projection Example for Capital Development
- Schedule 6: Frequently Asked Questions
- Schedule 7: RFP Checklist
- Schedule 8: AMR Data 2021 Allowable Rents by Service Managers
- Schedule 9: Maximum Gross Household Income by Region
- Schedule 10: OPHI Pre-Qualification Certification