Position: Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Manager Closing: Posting will remain open until filled
Term: Up to 18-month contract with possibility of extension
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for urban and rural First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people in Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province, from our head office located in Sault Ste. Marie and regional offices in other communities, include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized housing units;
- Provision of an assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for our tenants;
- Supporting the development of new housing; and
- Program management, development and title services to local community organizations.
We are currently seeking five (5) Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Mangers for the following locations Sault Ste. Marie (1), Dryden (2), Timmins (2). Reporting to the Supportive Housing Supervisor, the successful applicant will be an integral member of the Mkaana’aa wii-gii’aad – “Finding their way Home” program team responsible for providing case management services to individuals experiencing homelessness. As part of the team you will address important social issues with passion, creativity and flexibility. You will also be responsible for assisting OAHS in delivering an Indigenous approach and ensure culturally appropriate referrals are made to local community agencies that offer Indigenous-based programs, such as the Métis Nation of Ontario, Indigenous Friendship Centres, and Ontario Native Women’s Association.