Position: Communications Specialist Closing: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Term: Contract position – up to 1 year (35 hours/week), with possibility of renewal.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people living in urban and rural areas of Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province from our provincial office located in Sault Ste. Marie and satellite offices in other communities, include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized housing units;
- Provision of assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for our tenants;
- Supporting the development of new housing; and
- Program management, development and title services to local community organizations
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist, for our Sault Ste. Marie office.
As the Communications Specialist, you will work directly with the Executive Director, Management team and all staff to develop marketing and communication material and manage the overall public image and brand of the Corporation, on behalf of the Director Member Organizations.
The Communications Specialist is the primary custodian of all internal and external communication and media/public relations activity. This position helps develop communication and media plans, implement and coordinate communications activities and track/analyze outcomes while ensuring the overall branding and strategic objectives of the corporation are met.