Position: Collections Assistant Closing: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Term: One Year Contract/35 hours per week
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people living in urban and rural areas of Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province from our provincial office located in Sault Ste. Marie and satellite offices in other communities, include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized housing units;
- Provision of assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for our tenants;
- Supporting the development of new housing; and
- Program management, development and title services to local community organizations
We are currently seeking a Collections Assistant for our office located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario at 499 Queen Street.
Reporting to the Collections Manager and working with our Property Management staff across Ontario, the successful applicant will be assisting with all day-to-day collections activities.