Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for urban and rural First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people in Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province, from our head office located in Sault Ste. Marie and regional offices in other communities, include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized housing units;
- Provision of an assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for our tenants;
- Supporting the development of new housing; and
- Program management, development and title services to local community organizations.
We are currently seeking nine (9) Tenant Support Worker(s) for the following locations: Sault Ste. Marie, Dryden, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Cochrane and Moosonee/Moose Factory, Peterborough, Hamilton, Barrie and London. Reporting to the Tenant Support Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for assisting OAHS tenants to maintain stable housing by assessing their tenancy vulnerabilities and aligning their needs with Indigenous and other services and supports in their communities.