July 3, 2019 – The Sault Ste. Marie and District Homelessness Prevention Team (HPT) is the proud recipient of the Local Municipal Champion Award presented by the Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (OMSSA).
Team members, including staff from many partnering local agencies, have provided 7,020 supports to those at risk of experiencing homelessness and 5,605 supports to those experiencing homelessness, to date.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) is a proud member of the HTP, represented by our Director of Policies and Programs, Daneen Dénommé, Supportive Housing Manager Kristy Jones, and our Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad – “Finding their way Home” program team, responsible for providing case management and services to individuals experiencing homelessness.
Team members include:
- Joanne Pearson -SSM Housing|Social Services- Community Programs Manager
- Naomi Martel – SSM Housing|Social Services- Tenant Support Worker
- Elysha Archibald- SSM Housing|Social Services- Tenant Support Worker
- Chantal Paquette – SSM Housing|Social Services- Tenant Support Worker
- Alison Brooks-SSM Housing|Social Services- Tenant Support Worker
- Paul Gouge – SSM Indian Friendship Centre- Homeless Prevention Worker
- Connie Meyers -SSM John Howard Society-Housing Services Manager
- Kathy Berdux – SSM John Howard Society – Shelter Diversion Worker
- Jessica Caldwell SSM John Howard Society – Intensive Based Case Manager
- Taylor Smith SSM John Howard Society –Intensive Based Case Manager
- Amanda Beattie – Algoma Public Health –Homeless Prevention Team Member Community Mental Health Program
- Anne Penny – Pauline’s Place -Executive Director
- Tiffany Vanzant -Pauline’s Place -Residential Supervisor
- Natalie Chlebus – Ontario Disability Support Program – Community and Housing Caseworker
- Liz Theriault -Ontario Works -LEAP Case Manager
- Shawna Baron -CMHC-Housing Case Manager
- Nat Cicchelli – St. Vincent’s Men’s Shelter-General Manager
- Tom Rowlinson – St. Vincent’s Men’s Shelter -Shelter Coordinator
- Kristy Jones -Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services – Supportive Housing Manager
- Angie Kilby –Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services- Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Manager
- Shauna Berg – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services- Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Manager
- Amber Jones – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services- Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Community Engagement Research Coordinator
- Brett Smith – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services- Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Manager
- Chelsey Waddel – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services- Aboriginal Housing Based Case Manager
- Kim Belleau – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services – Revenue Analyst
- Kelly Magill – Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services – Mkaana’aa wii-giiwe’aad Case Aid
Click here to read the full article by SooToday.